Waiting for the new 100 peso bills


It's already the middle of May and still, there is no sign of the 100 peso bill with the UP centennial overprint. Of course we have the uncut notes, but the centennial notes are yet to be in circulation.

It makes me wonder why it's taking so long. Or am I just too excited? I have seen the 2008 series of the 20, 50, and 500 peso bills but the 100 peso notes are nowhere to be found. I've checked with some banks and the newest hundred bills they got are still dated 2007.

Perhaps the Bangko Sentral has yet to exhaust their inventory of the 2007 series? Or is it possible they're holding off the release while the uncut notes continue to sell?

Whatever the reason, surely the banknotes with the UP oblation will be in circulation this year-the centennial year of the University of the Philippines.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have three old peso bills for sale:1)P10.00 bill during the Commonwealth of the Phils.marked as Mindanao Emergency Currency Board Series of 1944. 2)P100.00 and P5.00 bills during the Japanese occupation in the Phils.
If interested, please contact me in my FB account: Jonathan Mongcal

Unknown said...


This is so cute blog. i really love to see this blog thank u.Custom Lapel Pins

Unknown said...

i have 2 pcs 100pesos year 2008 & 2012 if you are enterested just pm me,thanks